Monday, March 20, 2006

Retracted Statement

In response to last nite's post, I would like to make one thing very clear: I am not a poet. No matter how hard I try, I am neither Roddy Woomble, nor Michael Stipe. Neither am I Julian Casablancas or Thom Yorke, although I do try and immitate the former of the last two in clothing. No, I am just a guy that has too much on a Sunday evening and starts scribbling ideas on the back of a piece of paper at a pub quiz, who once dreamed of fronting a band only to be denied this due to being unable to sing in tune.

However, because of this I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite song lyrics:

"Don't you think that maybe I should calm down?
I'm sick of staring at these walls, I'm gonna kick them down"
(The Seahorses, 1997)

"You broke my soul, dear
You stole the plot. You left an empty shot.
Well, there's nothing left here
As you took the lot.
An empty cage is all I got"
(Travis, 2001)

"Apathy is happy now, it won without a fight"
(The Housemartins, 1986)

"Gentleman, mark your opponents
Fire in to your own ranks.
Pick the weakest, a strategic move,
Square off to meet your enemy"
(R.E.M., 1998)

That's just a taste, I'll put some more on next time.

No comments: